Transport and Logistics Officer at Kasisi Agricultural Training Center November, 2023
Transport and Logistics Officer
Purpose of the job: To provide guidance for the efficient, effective and environmentally friendly use and management of the KATC transport and farm machinery fleet. Transport and Logistics Officer at Kasisi Agricultural Training Center November, 2023
- To ensure that the fleet of KATC transport and farm machinery is properly maintained and in good running condition at all times.
- To ensure effective and efficient use of the fleet of KATC transport and farm machinery.
- To ensure that the use of the KATC transport and farm machinery fleet is friendly to the environment.
- To ensure that at all times the KATC transport and farm machinery fleet is operated within the framework stipulated by Zambian Law
- To build capacity among and ensure supervision of subordinates
- Ensure availability of the necessary and appropriate transport and machinery for KATC activities
- Ensure the KATC transport and machinery fleet is up to date with regard to Zambian Law requirements e.g., registration, Licensing, insurance, fitness, etc.
- Ensure all KATC transport and machinery is properly maintained at all times i.e., serviced / repaired when and as required and repair and maintenance tracking records kept.
- Ensure updated records on vehicles service and repairs are kept
- Ensure all KATC transport and machinery has the necessary toolkit in place at all times
- Coordinate the use of KATC transport and machinery
- Allocate KATC transport and machinery to various sections
- Ensure records on the KATC transport and machinery fleet are kept and updated
- Ensure updated records on fuel, lubricant and spare parts use are kept at all times
- Ensure effective and efficient operation of the repair and maintenance workshop
- Ensure KATC transport and machinery use monitoring and evaluation guidelines and forms (e.g. Transport policy and procedures, Log books, Transport requisition forms etc.,) are available and can be accessed by all workers
- Ensure the KATC transport and machinery fleet is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure safety regulations are observed at all times without fail when operating all KATC transport and machinery/equipment
- Ensure maximum security for all KATC transport and machinery at all times
- Be the key liaison between workshop management and other departments/Customers
- Minimum Diploma in Transport & Logistics, Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- A mechanical background in Agricultural Equipmen
- 2+ years of experience
- Teamplayer with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong reporting and record-keeping skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, ability to manage people and a self-starter