Technical Advisor – Shovels At Barrick Gold Corporation
About the job
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Technical Advisor – Shovels to join the Mine Maintenance team.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent – Shovels, you will be responsible for providing direction and support to the Maintenance execution team that enables sustained improvement in equipment performance and people development. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide in depth technical support and troubleshooting mentorship to the maintenance execution team
- Carry out quality assurance reviews of planned and breakdown maintenance activities ensuring that it is carried out to defined OEM, site and legislative requirements
- Develop work procedures for the safe and quality execution of maintenance activities
- Develop training and assessment plans that are tracked against each person
Develop and deploy improvement projects that improves work execution quality and people development
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or its equivalent
- Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- Member of the Engineering Institution Body
- Certificate in training and assessment (desirable but not essential)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in heavy earthmoving equipment maintenance in large multi pit operations
- Experience working for OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) or dealerships in providing site product and technical support is desirable
- High levels of competency in the maintenance execution of Mining equipment such as PC1250, PC2000, PC3000, PC7000, PC8000 Electric and Diesel Shovels/Excavators
- High levels of competency in troubleshooting and diagnosing Electrical, Mechanical and Electronic Faults
- High levels of competency in condition monitoring and contamination control
- High levels of competency in programming Electrical and Electronic Modules using OEM Software’s
- Medium levels of competency in the use of CMMS systems (e.g., SAP), MS office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Project, Power Point)
- Demonstrated experience in improving equipment performance and developing people ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
Barrick – Lumwana employees that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs through http://jobs.barrick.com/ .
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
- Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
- With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
- The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn .
Posted on Nov 26, 2023.