Senior Analytics Engineer At Deel · EMEA November 2023
About the job
Who We Are And What We Do
Deel is a global team that helps businesses hire anyone, anywhere, easily. Deel consists of more than two thousand self-driven individuals spanning over 100 countries. Our unified yet diverse culture keeps us continually learning and innovating the Deel platform and our products for customers.
Companies should be able to hire the best talent anywhere in the world, so we are building the best platform to make that a reality. Our market-leading technology, expertise, and global team are crucial to the success of Deel’s platform. We deliver the best products and platform features in our space, enabling millions of jobs worldwide and connecting the global workforce with the best companies and opportunities.
Why should you be part of Deel’s success story?
A 30-mile hiring radius should no longer dictate how companies hire because great talent lives everywhere. Deel sees a world without hiring borders and endless talent that pairs perfect candidates with great companies.
We offer global teams all the tools they need to hire, onboard, manage, pay, and scale at full speed. We aim to foster a diverse global economy by building a generational platform that seamlessly connects companies with talent worldwide.
After our successful Series D in 2021, we raised another $50M last year, doubling our valuation to $12B.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Deel — the market leader in international payroll and compliance.
Our stack & current state:
Deel is one of the fastest SaaS companies ever to reach 100M revenue, and is very far along the way to become the fastest company to $1B revenue. Driven by an enormous market, and high speed of innovation, Deel has expanded their product suite and customer base by many orders of magnitude in the last few years. As Senior Analytics Engineer, you’ll work closely with our data team and stakeholders across the business
Deel is running on top of a modern data stack, with Fivetran, Snowflake, dbt (100s of data sources and 1000+ models), and Looker. As we scale, the challenges are growing exponentially, and there are many ways to make a big impact.
- As part of our data team, you’ll work closely with data engineers, analytics engineers and analysts across the business to develop our stack.
- Build and own foundational data models that serve many downstream applications
- Create and develop analytics engineering best practices to ensure we generate high-quality, maintainable, and scalable data models and products
- Drive intelligent choices for the adoption of new technologies based on your extensive experience
- Drive progress on our data observability practices, influencing upstream data quality, and ensuring downstream reliability in metrics
- Create robust documentation to drive awareness and standardize analytics terminology
- Expert in SQL (ideally 5+ years), dbt (ideally 1+ year)
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language (Python, Java)
- You’re a problem solver at heart, and find joy in complex challenges
- Experience with version control technology
- Experience in creating and maintaining high volume data models
- Experience designing and implementing a data warehouse, with modern BI architecture
- Excellent communication skills
- You’re a team player, making everyone around you better
We’d especially love to speak with you if:
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math or equivalent *
- You have successfully led and completed projects with organizational impact (e.g., large-scale data model refactoring for better performance and maintainability)
- You have multiple years of data engineering experience
- You have worked in fast-growing B2B SaaS companies before
- You have a proven track record of success in building a modern data foundation with dbt and LookML
- You have experience with LookML
- You have created tools to boost your own and your team’s productivity
Our workforce deserves fair and competitive pay that meets them where they are. With scalable benefits, rewards, and perks, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Deel, you’ll enjoy:
- Computer equipment applicable to your role
- Stock grant opportunities
- Additional perks and benefits based upon your employment status and country
- The ability to choose where you work whether it be your home, the beach, or a WeWork
At Deel, we’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Posted on Nov 22, 2023.