Programme Support Analyst (Internal PSC NY Candidates Only) At UNOPS · EMEA
Programme Support Analyst (Internal PSC NY Candidates Only)
About the job
Application period 24-Nov-2023 to 29-Nov-2023
This vacancy is open to internal candidates who are part of the UNOPS PSC New York Office only
Recommended candidates will be offered a IICA or LICA contract depending on the ICA scale applicable at their home-based duty station
Reporting to the Programme Support Specialist (PSS), the Programme Support Analyst will carry out following duties:
- Programme/Project Implementation and Closure
- Support the PSS in monitoring project progress.
- Support the PSS in reviewing legal agreements and budgets, including amendments; coordinate the review process both within UNOPS PSC and HQ.
- Support the PSS in maintaining and providing input/data into various existing planning tools such as procurement plans, HR plans, gantt charts, etc.
- Support the PSS with input of information in oU for all engagement/project stages, and coordinate the review processes as required.
- Programme/Project Operations
- Provide inputs into the procurement and grant process as required in projects under the portfolio, complete information in e-sourcing, post CFP’s, coordinate the evaluation process, and assist submissions of awards to relevant authorities.
- Support the PSS in contract administrations, including completing supplier performance evaluation for approval, drafting standard contracts and grant agreements, etc.
- Manage the implementation of transactional tasks such as creating purchase orders, raising receipts, issue payments, raising TAs, GLJE if/when there is a capacity gap in the country programme.
- Support the PSS in recruitment processes, including the preparation of TORs, coordination with the Human Resources Team and IPAS, administration of written tests, coordination of interviews, and submission of cases for final review.
- Provide monthly expenditure reports and inputs into financial forecasts; update the expenditure forecast in oU on a regular basis; assist the PSS in applying UNOPS indirect costs, direct costs, and related corporate charges to projects.
- Support the PSS in the project operational and financial closure process as needed.
- Assist the PSS in maintaining project files and recording lessons learned.
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist the PSS in maintaining monitoring tools to ensure that all projects are managed and delivered in compliance with organizational policies in general, and the Project Management Manual (PMM) in particular.
- Track the reporting requirement of projects to the client, assist in finalizing project reports, submit them on time, and upload to oU.
- Assist the PSS in tracking project status and performance criteria.
- Maintain and update data for the dashboard systems.
- Programme/Project Assurance and Oversight
- Support the preparation for conducting programme and project assurance by ensuring that all relevant documents, data, etc. are uploaded in oU.
- Support the PSS on project audit activities, including compiling and organizing documents and data in coordination with field programme.
Under the guidance of the PSS, advise and train local country-based admin/support personnel on transactional admin/support tasks such as creating purchase orders, raising receipts, issue payments, raising TAs, GLJE, project filing, etc.
Advanced University Degree (master degree or equivalent) with no additional experience.
First Level University Degree (bachelor degree or equivalent) with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
Relevant experience is defined as experience in portfolio management, programme management, project development, or project management.
Fluency in English (reading, writing, speaking) is required.
Fluency in other UN official languages, particularly French, Arabic and Spanish, is desired.
Think big. Meet challenges head-on. Help people build better lives.
UNOPS embraces diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunities. Our workforce is made up of people from varied nationalities, cultures and races. They speak a range of languages and have different gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities.
We encourage women and candidates from underrepresented groups in UNOPS to apply. These include candidates from racialized and/or indigenous groups, members of minority gender identities and sexual orientations, and people with disabilities. Click apply and join us!
Remarks: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.