Graduate, Human Resource At First Quantum Minerals
Graduate, Human Resource
About the job
- At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
- Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
- Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Specific Job Responsibility
Outputs To Deliver This Accountability
- Administer job posting process to ensure timely postings of positions.
- Provide guidance, solutions and training to employees and managers.
- Develop and maintain learning metrics for each co-op assignment.
- Conduct new employee orientation and other training programs when needed.
- Assist in the development and administration of compensation strategy,
- Assist in the development of department goals, objectives and performance systems.
- Serve as primary liaison between human resources and payroll teams.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating HR policies and procedures.
- Support a high performance culture that increases employee engagement.
- Function as a change leader in support of the organization ‘s initiatives.
- Support the HR team with special projects as needed.
- Provide primary support on employee relations and compliance issues.
- Participate in continuous improvement of HR functions and processes.
- Support the employment function including, interviewing, and the separation process.
- Support HR team, either through direct reporting or through matrix, as needed.
Job Specific Competencies
- Negotiation and influencing
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Business management acumen
- PC Literacy
- Report writing
Key Job Attributes
- Detail Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Building relationships
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Player
Experience required to perform in this job
Demonstrated knowledge of Basic HR Functions, local labour laws and HR regulations, policies and procedures.
Member of ZIHRM
Business management experience
Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.
Posted on Nov 27, 2023.