Barista Coffee at Expert Consultancy Ltd November, 2023
Barista Coffee at Expert Consultancy Ltd
Our client, Sopa Lodges, is a registered Tanzanian Company under Companies Ordinance (Cap.212) and a leading hospitality company with operations in Tanzania, majorly in Arusha Town, Serengeti in Mara region, Manyara, Tarangire National Park Arusha, and other hospitality destinations in Tanzania and Zanzibar Island. On behalf of their management, we are currently hiring for the position of Barista Coffee to be a part of their team. The position will be based in Serengeti National Park in Tanzania.
Position Title: Barista Coffee
Reporting to: F & B Manager
Duty station: Serengeti Explorer
Start: End of December, 2023
The barista prepares and serves hot and cold beverages, including various types of coffee and tea. The barista must be an expert in coffee knowledge and can produce a range of coffee beverages, while also being involved in customer service, hygiene, and sales processing. The responsibilities of a barista include educating guests on the drinks menu, making recommendations based on their preferences, up-selling special items, and taking orders. To be successful in this role, you should have customer service skills and knowledge of how brewing equipment operates.
Barista Duties and Responsibilities:
– Greet guests as they enter
– Give guests drink menus and answer their questions regarding ingredients
– Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy, and sugar ratios)
– Prepare beverages following the recipes
– Preparing a range of different coffee drinks including espresso, café latte, macchiato, flat white, and cold brew
– Selling coffee products such as beans, grinding, and brewing equipment with the ability to provide demonstrations where necessary
– Serve beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries, and muffins
– Keep the coffee station area clean
– Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates
– Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
– Comply with health and safety regulations
– Communicate guest feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
The candidate must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking, and knowledge of other languages is an advantage. Good personality and positive interpersonal skills are required.
Formal qualification or training as a barista is required. Knowledge of coffee preparation from roasting and grinding beans to pouring coffee is an added advantage. Secondary School Education and relevant hospitality school training is a plus. Basic math skills are also required.
Requirements and skills:
– Previous experience working as a barista or waiter in a coffee shop
– Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
– Knowledge of sanitation regulations
– Flexibility to work various shifts
– Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
– Excellent communication skills
Previous bartending experience is required in a Mid-scale or Luxury property. Experience in handling Point of sale (POS) terminals and stock and inventory management software is also required.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your CV and Cover letter quoting the job title on the email subject (Barista Coffee Job Vacancy (JV/ECL/SL02/23)) on or before 27th November 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand the position requirements before sharing your application with us. We regret to inform you that with the volume of CVs received, we will be able to reply to only candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience.